Saturday, June 28, 2014

changed







"I can’t go back to yesterday- because I was a different person then." –Lewis Carroll


       I will no longer accept a single story. Our world, my school, my street, even my home does not share a single story. I will pursue curiosity, listen patiently, ask more. I will not pass on the single story.
       I will teach my students multiple stories. I will give them opportunities to hear and see stories they need to hear. I will help my students appreciate diversity, to know the power of stories similar and different to their own. I will help them understand the power of their voice and their story. I will use my voice to share the stories of those who can’t. I will help my colleagues recognize the importance of telling the right story and not the convenient story. I will help my peers understand more than a single story. 

1 comment:

Debby said...

I love the quote by Lewis Carroll. It is so true.